Support the JCC
Board of Directors
Note: this is a temporary position effective from July 1st to September 15th. Instructor will work 10 – 20 client hours per week with the opportunity to build a client base which would lead to permanent employment.
Pilates Instructors must be certified in top-tier reformer certification, such as Balanced Body, PHI, BASI, PMI, Polestar, Stott. Note that the JCC uses Allegro Tower of Power Reformer equipment. Pilates Instructors are responsible for maintaining their own client schedule and work directly with Pilates Director regarding availability of Reformer machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Booking clients and having them complete all required paperwork before starting them on any Pilates-based program;
• Maintaining current Pilates certification(s);
• Maintaining current CPR and First Aid certifications;
• Adhering to highest level of professionalism when instructing clients on the Reformer machine and in Mat classes;
• Logging in on a weekly basis to the Master Schedule kept in Studio A;
• Informing the Pilates Director of any equipment breakdown or various inventory needed to provide the most optimal Pilates experience for the client;
• Submitting payroll in a timely fashion to supervisor.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• CPR and First Aid certifications;
• Reformer and Mat certifications;
• 1 to 2 years of experience teaching Reformer sessions is preferred;
• Previous background in personal training/fitness/group exercise/dance preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with clients, fellow instructors and other JCC staff;
• Up-to-date familiarity of fitness/wellness industry trends;
• Strong knowledge of biomechanics and physiology of the human body;
• Must be self-motivated and exhibit high energy and a positive attitude;
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of clients.
• Reformer machine
• Pilates ring and bar
• Computer and standard office equipment (phone, copier, etc.)
This position requires high mobility with a lot of standing, bending and lifting; must be able to lift, carry and move up to 40 pounds. This job also requires high energy and interaction with the JCC members.
If qualified and interested, please email a resume to Cherri Jaffee at email@example.com