Support the JCC
Board of Directors
Early Childhood Education Center
Assistant Twos’ Teacher – Full-time
The assistant twos’ teacher, working with 2 year olds, is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in establishing curriculum for classroom and for working with lead teacher to provide a loving and nurturing environment and implement activities which promote stimulation, learning and fun.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains and orderly and safe classroom environment.
• Creates a loving, warm and nurturing environment for the children.
• Actively participates in all activities with children.
• Communicates with lead teacher and/or parents at the beginning and end of the day.
• Assists with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
• Any additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• CDA certification or equivalent college degree is desired;
• Minimum of 1 year of childcare experience required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education.
• Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid.
• Ability to interact with children and remain calm.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in teams and individually.
• Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
The work environment is usually fast paced and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and sitting on the floor at the child’s level. Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 40 pounds.
If interested, send a resume to hr@JCCindy.org