Support the JCC
Board of Directors
Membership Desk Associate
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Position requires a friendly, outgoing disposition. Duties include greeting members and visitors, providing information regarding: membership, classes, current activities, and events at the JCC. Membership Desk Associate will handle financial transactions as well as answering and directing telephone calls. Work schedule for this position will include one weekend day and a minimum of one opening shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet visitors and members and verify membership status upon check-in;
• Provide information regarding JCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities;
• Answer incoming calls (through switchboard) and route calls using proper phone etiquette;
• Process financial transactions (i.e, class enrollment, purchase of fitness tickets, donations, etc.);
• Balance end-of-shift paperwork and deposit bag;
• Maintain current information in resource binder at desk;
• Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency in regards to contacting security/EMT/Fire Department;
• Process membership applications (ie, paperwork, payment, picture IDs);
• Provide information on self-guided tours to prospects if a representative from Membership is unavailable;
• Assist membership department with projects as needed.
• High school diploma;
• Minimum of 1 year customer service experience;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
• Familiarity in processing financial transactions;
• Experience in answering multi-line phone switchboard:
• Experience with a database program is a plus.
• Professional and friendly attitude is essential;
• Commitment to always providing excellent customer service to members, guests,
visitors and co-workers;
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in decision making;
• Must be reliable and dependable in regards to attendance;
• Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated effective organization and follow-up skills;
• Must be detail and accuracy oriented;
• Must be able to process cash transactions accurately;
• Must respect and maintain confidentiality of members’ information;
• Must be self-motivated, possess the ability to work independently and proactively take
initiative on new projects;
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible;
• Must be able to multitask effectively in fast-paced environment;
• Must be able to able to work additional shifts on an as-needed basis.
• Multi-line switchboard
• Computer (with proprietary software application/database)
The work environment characteristics are representative of a community center setting: fast-paced with multiple requests occurring simultaneously. The individual is expected to present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. This job requires high energy and the ability to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
Friday 1:00pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday and/or Sunday shifts variable
Qualified, interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.