Support the JCC
Board of Directors
Childcare Worker - Part-time
Duties and Requirements
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for the children; this means:
Never leave the children unattended in the babysitting room;
Always escort the children when they need to leave the room (ie, bathroom, etc.)
Keep the room neat and tidy;
Interact with the children and treat them equally. Your own child(ren) are welcome to come to work with you. However, you are being paid to interact with and care for all the children in the room and not devote your attention to only your child. Allowing your children in the babysitting room is a privilege and accommodation that we are happy to provide; however, of the privilege is abused, it will be revoked.
• Supervise and participate in activities with the children; staff should be actively
engaged with children whenever children are present in the room; the only time
babysitters may read, do homework, etc. is when there are no children present
in the room.
• Assist children with snacks and bathroom needs, including diaper changes;
• Effectively communicate with parents as they drop off/pick up children; greet them when they arrive, acknowledge when they leave. Exhibit a friendly and welcoming demeanor and attitude to children, parents, and co-workers.
• Verify that all children (irrespective of age) are signed in/out of babysitting room;
• Collect payment for babysitting services (only “Babybucks” are accepted);
• Clean and disinfect toys, equipment, etc. and put away all toys/tidy room at the end of each day;
• Work and communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers;
• Work your scheduled shifts; call your supervisor at least 2 hours in advance if you will be absent or late;
• Sign and abide by the JCC Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct;
• Use of cell phones is not permitted while working in the recreational babysitting room.
• Must enjoy working with children (ages infant through 7 years);
• Required to become CPR/AED/First-Aid certified within
3 months of employment
• Must have previous childcare experience;
• Must have good communication skills;
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
Mon-Thurs 4:30-7:30 pm
Saturday 8:45 am-1 pm
Sundays 9 am-1pm
If interested, please send resume to hr@JCCindy.org