Support the JCC
Board of Directors
JCC Nutrition Specialist (part-time)
Through education, motivation, and leadership, the nutritionist assists member-clients in establishing and reaching their health/wellness goals. The nutritionist contributes to the overall success of the Fitness Center by embodying the mission, vision and values of the JCC. This position is part-time/non-exempt (hourly).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides guidance in proper diet to meet goals;
• Assists member-clients in establishing effective fitness/wellness goals and develops the most effective plan to achieve those goals;
• Offers accurate and up-to-date information and advice on nutrition and health;
• Provide tools and motivation necessary for member-client to achieve health goals
• Food demonstrations, group counseling and wellness presentations;
• Follows all quality assurance and other policies and procedures of the Fitness Center;
• Maintains all required certifications;
• Adjust schedule as needed to accommodate the needs of new existing member-clients; current available hours require afternoons, evenings and some weekends.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Registered Dietitian preferred or Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Serve safe certified preferred
• Personal training certified with ACSM, ACE, NSCA or NASM, a plus
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of metabolism, nutrition and food science;
• Professional counseling skills such as motivational interviewing;
• Recognizes the health-related issues that fall outside a nutritionist's scope of practice and refers client/member to an appropriate healthcare provider
• Ability to create client-specific nutrition plan to meet a variety of health goals;
• Good communication skills and ability to instruct and teach;
• Work independently with minimal supervision;
• Strong research abilities and comfort with Word and Power Point required
• Confident presentation skills
• Job duties vary from day to day and may include; giving presentations, preparing food for demonstrations, individual or group counseling.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if interested.