Support the JCC
Board of Directors
JCC Personal Trainer (part-time)
Through education, motivation, and leadership, the personal trainer assists member-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness/wellness goals. The personal trainer contributes to the overall success of the Fitness Center by embodying the mission, vision and values of the JCC. This position is part-time/non-exempt (hourly).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides guidance in proper exercise technique and
variations of exercises to meet goals;
• Assists member-clients in establishing effective
fitness/wellness goals and develops the most effective
training plan to achieve those goals;
• Offers accurate and up-to-date information and advice on fitness;
• Motivates clients and serves as a training partner;
• Maintains a safe and clean exercise environment
within the JCC Fitness Center;
• Follows all quality assurance and other policies and
procedures of the Fitness Center;
• Maintains all required certifications;
• Adjust schedule as needed to accommodate the needs
of new existing member-clients; current available hours
require afternoons, evenings and some weekends.
• Personal training certified with ACSM, ACE or NASM
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy;
• Full understanding of all exercise equipment and proper operations;
• Knowledge of injury prevention and rehabilitation;
• Good communication skills and ability to instruct and teach;
• Work independently with minimal supervision;
• Sport specific knowledge a plus.
• Job requires standing for long periods of time and demonstration of proper exercise technique and ability and the physical ability to move up to 75 pounds.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.