Support the JCC
Board of Directors
Conduct safe, effective swim lessons in accordance with Red Cross criteria and curriculum, adhering to JCC standards for excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide in-water instruction on proper swim technique to pre-school through adult;
• Maintain skill sheets;
• Complete lesson evaluations after each session;
• Attend regular, mandatory in-service training sessions.
• Must show Aquatic Program Coordinator ability to teach or have WSI.
• Current American Red Cross lifeguard certification, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer, Oxygen Administration and Waterpark certifications preferred;
• 6 months experience preferred.
• Ability to maintain a safe and fun environment;
• Strong swimming skills;
• Knowledge of lifesaving equipment and lifesaving techniques;
• Ability to teach children and adults to swim;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability provide highest level of customer service to members and guests;
• Ability to work scheduled shifts, on time;
• Ability to pay attention to more than one person at a time.
• Kick boards
• Aquatics teaching toys
• Other appropriate equipment
This person must be able to pay attention to more than one child/person at a time. They must be compassionate, caring and fun and love to teach. Instructors work independently and without supervision for long periods of time. Extended exposure to sunlight and outdoor elements as well as warm and humid indoor environment is expected. Ability to lift 100 pounds.
Any combination of times that lessons are offered (all during open pool hours) including weekends and holidays.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Please email resumes to hr@JCCindy.org, fax resumes to (317)251-9493 or complete an application for employment and submit it to Human Resources. Please indicate the position for which you are applying on the cover letter or application.
No phone calls, please.