Support the JCC
Board of Directors
JCC life guards should possess thorough knowledge of lifesaving requirement and techniques, strong swimming skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the safety of all swimmers and pool areas;
• Exemplify rescue-ready behavior at all times while on duty;
• Supervise and monitor all pool activities;
• Exhibit professional behavior at all times while on duty;
• Be fully engaged in monitoring pool area while on duty;
• Communicating effectively with other guards, swimmers and others in the pool areas;
• Performing maintenance of the pool and entire pool area (including maintaining equipment, cleaning/straightening pool deck and snack bar area, monitoring water chemistry and maintaining logs) ;
• Attend and actively participate in scheduled in-service (paid)training sessions;
• Adhere to direction of supervisor on duty;
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma (preferred);
• Current American Red Cross lifeguard certification, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer (required);
• At least 6 months experience (preferred).
• Strong swimming skills;
• Knowledge of lifesaving equipment and lifesaving techniques;
• Ability to see and hear members, alert staff and communicate effectively;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Rescue tubes;
• First Aid supplies;
• Water test kit.
This person must be able to climb in and out of all guard chairs, stand and sit for long periods of time and get in and out of the pool as needed. Extended exposure to sunlight and outdoor elements as well as warm and humid indoor environment is expected. Position works independently and without supervision for long periods of time. Handling and exposure to chlorine and other pool chemicals required. Ability to lift 100 pounds.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including early morning, evening, weekends and weekdays.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if interested.